Things to accomplish in 2012
- Get the house organized and keep it that way - we're still working on this, but it's getting easier to maintain the house. Everyone is pitching in and I feel like we finally have a handle on the things everyone sees when they are over. Now to work on the closets, drawers, etc.
- Become active, as the doctors allow, to feel better about myself - I was not able to start this until November.
- Drink more water - this I have accomplished and I'm continuing to do better with. I have cut out sodas completely.
- Eat healthier - I started on this in November and am continuing this. I'm making lifestyle changes.
- Find non-medical ways to deal with the pain (meditation,etc.) - I am on no pain medications at this time. I went through physical therapy and I continue to use those exercises. I have not tried meditation yet. My college adviser and mentor Diane was going to teach me some more techniques, but she died suddenly in June. I really miss her.
- Read at least 2 books a month - I read a lot this past year, but I did not keep track of how many books. I have signed up for goodreads.com to help keep track this year.
- Start sewing again and teach Liberty how to sew - I only sewed two baby blankets in 2012, but each time Liberty assisted. I am slowly teaching her how to sew.
- Get the pool in order so we can enjoy the backyard this summer - we were able to use the pool this summer, but we still have issues with algae and it now appears there is a leak somewhere. It's a money pit.
- Have a monthly dinner party at the house since New Year's Eve was so much fun - we did not do this. We did have a dinner party on New Year's Eve again and it was a lot of fun. This may be something to consider.
- Blog more often - it didn't happen. Oh well, on to 2013.
I didn't do so well last year, but that's okay. It was just a plan. Who knew life was going to kick me so hard this past year.
Today we took off work to have some family time. Liberty and I went to Target this morning then we came home and finally took down the Christmas decorations. We completed our 2013 budget plan today and I set up our mint.com account. We're ready for some fiscal responsibility around here.
In our quest to save money, we ate lunch at home. I've replaced our bread with Flatouts since they are high in fiber and protein. Today I made pizza out of them and it was delicious. I used Classico sauce that I had and Kraft Italian cheese. I had 1 piece of each pizza and my lunch was only 189 calories.
|Cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza made with Flatout|
Tonight we had dinner with our friends, Alli and Harley. It was so good to see Alli out and about. I can tell she's feeling a lot better than she was when I last saw her on her birthday. I also love the fact that the back of her car says: "I'm kickin' cancer's ass!" She has remained so positive through her battle and she is truly an inspiration to me. I am thankful that Twitter brought us together and we have become friends in real life as well.