....and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
I have never been so happy for a year to end. I haven't blogged since February after my surgery.
2012 was not a good year for us. Too many doctor visits and health issues for myself and Liberty. We are all healthy at the moment and on our way to bigger and better things.
Instead of reflecting on what a crappy year 2012 was, I'm moving forward and looking ahead to 2013.
Instead of making resolutions, I'm going to make a list of goals and things I hope to accomplish this year.
Goals for 2013
1. Make a budget -- we started working on this last week and are ready to start the year fresh. We need to get our finances in order and a budget is the only way to do this. We will reflect each month on where our money went and see where things can be cut.
2. Coupon -- to help with the budget, I will start couponing again to save some money. Any and all recommendations for sites, etc. would be great. My friend Kim helped me create a coupon binder 2 years ago and gave me some tips, but it's time to get serious.
3. Exercise -- at the end of November I started working out and tracking my food. I'm trying to work out every day. I'm using my Wii Fit Plus and elliptical. I'm currently using MyFitnessPal and RunKeeper to track my food and activity. The support of friends is great so if we're not already connected and you use these sites, please add me. My name is WigenOut on both sites.
4. Eat healthier -- we do not eat a lot of vegetables I have figured out in the last month of tracking food. We are changing that. I am also working to cut some of the meat out of our diet. We have replaced ground beef with ground turkey in most recipes. I've found that I don't really want beef that much.
5. Blog more -- I need this outlet. I may not be able to blog daily, but at least once a week. I'm going to ask Hope to hold me accountable to this goal. She's awesome at blogging almost daily so I need that push.
6. Participate in the #FMSPhotoADay -- I started this today. I've watched a lot of my friends on Twitter do this so I'm going to start. I'm a photographer's daughter for goodness sake.
7. Read more -- I love to read on my Kindle, but lately I haven't been. This is going to change.
8. Become a better Christian -- I also want to read the Bible more this year. Liberty and I have started trying to read at least one Bible story a night from my children's Bible and this will continue. Religion is a part of our life that we haven't focused on much in 2012. We did not attend church once, but that's okay. I don't think that going to church is what makes us a Christian. Matthew 18:20 states: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” Our actions towards others need to be more Christ-like and we will "pay it forward" more in 2013.
9. Be a better friend -- I want to get together more with our friends. We have a large network of people that we socialize with, some more than others. I want to be there for those that need us. I feel that I let some people down this past year because I was so focused on my health and not able to help them in their times of need.
10. Have more quality time with my husband -- this past year was rough on us. We grew stronger as a couple, but we don't get a lot of time together just the two of us. He's in school so this is stressful for him. We both work full time and have a 10 year old daughter. We need to focus on us and make sure that nothing comes between us as a couple.
So these are my goals for 2013. It's a long list, but one I think I can accomplish with the help of my wonderful family and friends.