Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm at a Breaking Point

I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm losing control.

Physical therapy had been going well. I finally felt like I was getting some control over the pain in my head and neck without medication. Then I got sick with a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection last week. Miserable and on lots of meds, I finally started feeling better and went to work on Wednesday. About 2pm my stomach started hurting. The pain is in the lower right section of my abdomen so it was different then any of my previous pelvic pain. It progressively got worse and by 4pm I called Gabe to take me to the ER.

We waited for hours. While waiting I started vomiting, a lot. All of the symptoms were pointing to appendicitis. My white count is high, but the CT scan showed my appendix is not inflamed. I was sent home with Percocet for pain and Zofran for nausea. The pain hasn't increased, but it hasn't decreased as well. When I eat, I get nauseous, but I haven't thrown up since Wednesday.

I feel like a horrible burden right now. There's always something wrong with me. I'm just causing a bunch of medical bills and having to take a bunch of meds that don't seem to help. I don't know what to do. I'm frustrated and hurting. I don't know what route to go next. I was just told to follow up with my primary doctor, which I no longer have one since mine retired, or come back to the ER if things changed. The pain increases some when I eat so I haven't eaten much.

I know there are many different things it can be: scar tissue is more than likely the cause. That seems to be the story of my life. Then they don't want to do surgery to remove the scar tissue because that causes more scar tissue. It could also be endometriosis that spread to my intestines. I guess my next step will be to follow up with an ob/gyn. I have to find a new one since Dr. Mueller retired. OMG!!!

This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: