Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Bye 2011, Hello 2012

I don't mind seeing 2011 go. Below are the few pros from the year and the many cons:

Pro's from 2011
  • Gabe started college for his bachelor's degree in March
  • I was asked to be on the Ball Committee for my Mardi Gras society
  • I returned to The SSI Group in November
  • I am not a surgery candidate for my herniated discs at this time
  • We had a wonderful family vacation to Disney in December with my parents

Con's from 2011
  • Liberty had ankle surgery in June
  • Gabe had stitches in August
  • Our rental property was vacant July-Novemeber
  • My pain returned at an all time high in August
  • My Mom had neck surgery for a herniated disc on October 14 and that same day I found out I had a third herniation
  • I was miserable at ITT Tech until I left at the end of October
  • At the end of November I found out that the bulk of my pain is from arthritis in my neck and I was also diagnosed with occipital neuralgia
  • My medications started making me ill in December so I am no longer on them
  • I gained back all the weight I lost in 2010 and found some more since I have not been active due to the amount of pain I'm in
I have decided that this year I am not making any resolutions. I don't want to be disappointed in myself. Instead, I have a list of things I want to do in this new year to make things better and there are things I'm looking forward to. This year Liberty turns 10 in March. I cannot believe my baby will be 10. Time is flying by and she's growing into such a confident, smart young lady. We are so proud of her. Gabe and I will be married 15 years in June. This makes me extremely happy. I don't know where I would be without him as my rock, support, and strength. He has really stepped up this past year with everything that happened. He's an amazing husband and father. I'm so blessed to have him.

Things to accomplish in 2012
  • Get the house organized and keep it that way
  • Become active, as the doctors allow, to feel better about myself
  • Drink more water
  • Eat healthier
  • Find non-medical ways to deal with the pain (meditation,etc.)
  • Read at least 2 books a month
  • Start sewing again and teach Liberty how to sew
  • Get the pool in order so we can enjoy the backyard this summer
  • Have a monthly dinner party at the house since New Year's Eve was so much fun
  • Blog more often
It's a start. Since it's a list, I can always add and remove as needed. I know that getting things out in words will help me out as well.

Happy New Year! I plan on making 2012 a year to remember.

No comments: