Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Easy Chicken Fried Rice

We love Chicken Fried Rice. I've made it using leftover rice, but now I've found a way to cheat...Steamefresh Rice. I like to use their brown rice and frozen veggies, but the last time I was at the store they were out so tonight I had to use white rice with veggies. I used two packages. It turned out well.


First I scramble an egg.


I also cook two cubed chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon of butter in the wok. Remove the cooked chicken from the wok.


I use Teriyaki sauce and low sodium soy sauce.


I cook the steamfresh rice in the microwave for two minutes so it's not frozen. I then put it in the wok with two tablespoons of butter. I add the Teriyaki sauce and soy sauce and cook together for about 4 minutes until it's well mixed like below.



Then I add the egg and chicken back into the wok and cook for another 2 minutes.


It's a quick and easy way to have fried rice without having to have extra rice on hand. The Steamfresh rice and veggies are very good. I've also used their brown rice to make red beans and rice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use almost the same method ... you may be able to save a step and a pan by adding the egg at the end and tossing it around with a fork for about 15 seconds. For variety, the little 4 ounce single-serve cans/cups of pineapple or mandarin oranges add some depth.

Unknown said...

I cooked the egg separate to save time. I made it while I was cooking the chicken. If I have leftover chicken I'll cook the egg in the wok before the rice.