Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Non-Traditional Easter

This year Easter was very low key for us. I've been in a lot of pain the last few days so we decided not to go to church. Liberty woke up at 6:30 AM excited to see what the Easter Bunny had brought. You can tell how sleepy she is in the picture with her new Easter Bunny pillow pet.







Here's her Easter basket. She received two Webkinz, candy, and peace tattoos.








Here she is posing with her baskets.






Once everyone was awake we cooked breakfast and read the Easter Story. Then we went about our typical Sunday routine of laundry and Gabe working on homework. We watched Despicable Me on DVD and had steaks for dinner. Like I said, it was a very low key kind of day. It was nice, but weird too. I missed the family gathering, but since Libby was gone on Spring Break last week it was nice to have a family day. We don't get a lot of those right now with all that life is throwing at us right now. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'm enjoying my job and I'm so proud of Gabe for going back to school. It's not easy to do when you have a full-time job and family, but he's making it all work.

No comments: