Saturday, August 23, 2008

Up Before Dawn

I feel like we have a baby again. Well, I guess we do. A puppy is a baby dog. Anyway, the last few days I've been up by 5:30am to let Maisy out of her crate to go potty and play. During the week it's fine because I have to get Libby up by 6:30am for school. This morning it's an issue. I went to bed around 11pm. Gabe on the other hand didn't come to bed until 3am and the puppy whined horribly. He got up and took her out. I thought this meant she would sleep a little longer. Nope. 5am she was howling. I thought great, I just fell back asleep from the 3am wake up.

So here I am. Awake. Wanting sleep. Wondering if Libby has her soccer evaluation this morning. Wondering when the rain will begin from Tropical Storm Fay. Praying our basement doesn't flood. Trying to be quiet. Letting the dogs play together.

I think I'll lay on the couch and see if they continue to play. When I'm on the computer they entertain themselves, but normally when I move to the couch they want my attention.

No comments: