Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hump Day

Little girls are so dramatic. My daughter has perfected the drama queen since she was 3, but it has gotten so much worse as the summer break as gone on. I know she misses the daily interaction with other 6 year olds. We've had a few play dates over the break, but not enough to satisfy her need for friends. As an only child myself, I understand. Unfortunately times are not as they were 25 years ago. I cannot just let her go "run the neighborhood" like I did at her age. Things should get better when school starts next week. She'll be attending the neighborhood school this year. Her friends will be close by instead of 15 minutes away. Until then, I now know not to take her shopping. The whining and begging drove me insane at Target today. All we needed were socks and a belt for school. Why they were so hard to find I don't know. While there, she had to ask for 10 different things and then pout when I said no. I know this is just kids, but she has spent the summer whining at me. I'm ready for her to go back to school. We have "Meet the Teacher" tomorrow evening so that should be fun.

I'm still putting out resumes like a mad woman. I have called two companies I interviewed with to check in, but neither HR person returned my call. I don't know if I should take that as a bad sign. I'm trying not to stress, but knowing that my last paycheck from the school system is the last day of August is making it tough. Lord, please give me the strength to move on.

No comments: