Monday, June 10, 2013

Going Under The Knife.....Again

I've been a bad blogger, but will try to improve.

Once again I am having surgery. About 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma in my left foot. I have a tumor on the main nerve between my third and forth toes. We tried a cortisone injection and a post-op shoe with no relief. The pain is actually getting worse. On Thursday morning I will have outpatient surgery to remove it. I have complete faith in my orthopedic since he did both of my daughter's ankle surgeries. I was doing so good walking and exercising before this. I can't wait to get back to it.

As surgery approaches I'm feeling that pre-surgery funk hit. I've done what I can around the house. Gabe and Liberty have been a huge help. I've planned easy meals and even froze leftover chicken casserole and spaghetti last week to help them. I just feel blah. There's things I would love to get done, but by the end of the day it really hurts to walk.

When I planned surgery I didn't even think about it being Father's Day or our friends' baby shower this weekend. All I wanted was to end the pain and be in better shape by the end of the month for Gabe's college graduation.

Hopefully all will go well and maybe I can still attend the baby shower, I'll just have to have my foot up.

Surgery #8, please be good to me.

No comments: