Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Illness That Wouldn't End

I feel like Liberty and I have been sick for weeks. Technically, we have. We both had "the crud" the week between Christmas and New Year's. We had flu like symptoms, but no fever. Liberty bounced back after two days and seemed to be better. I, on the other hand, continued to cough. Last week I called my doctor's office and the nurse said it sounded like I had a sinus infection. They prescribed an antibiotic, cough medicine, and was told to get Mucinex D. I'm finally starting to feel better, but I'm still not 100%.

All weekend we could tell Liberty was trying to get sick. Sunday and Monday we made her stay in and lay low. By Monday afternoon she was running a fever. Tuesday I took her to the doctor. We were concerned because her asthma has been in an uproar over the last two weeks as well. She's had to use the inhaler at school frequently and the nebulizer more at home. The doctor assured me that her lungs are clear and she only has a sinus infection. We left with a prescription for an antibiotic and was told to give her Mucinex which I had started last week. My poor baby is miserable. She hates missing school and misses her friends. She was crying today that she wants to go to school tomorrow, but she's still running a fever. Having a sick child is horrible. I would much rather be sick.

No comments: