Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We invited our good friends, Paul and Sara to join us at my parents' house. This was Paul's first Thanksgiving in the states since he just moved here from Ireland. My Uncle Paul and Aunt Karen are here from Dallas so that made it extra nice. We enjoyed many laughs over our wonderful meal of fried turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato and squash casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and homemade bread. Later on there was chocolate pie and pumpkin pie. It was a great feast and we all had a lot to be thankful for this year.

Liberty spent the night at my parents' so we could go shopping. Toys R Us opened at 10pm. We went shopping with our other friends, Alicia and Sheldon. This was an adventure. The line for the cash registers was completely insane. Someone decided that the line should weave in and out of all the toy aisles. It made it difficult to shop. We stood in line for about an hour waiting to check out. We saved $35 which was nice, but I don't think we'll do this again. I believe we'll use the internet next year. After leaving the store around 1:45am we went to Huddle House and had a late night breakfast. We got home around 3am and went to sleep.

Today was a great day. We slept in then headed back to Gulf Shores. We went to Target there and finished our shopping. Then we went to my parents' and visited some before going to see my friend Annie and her mom. We watched the end of the Iron Bowl. It was a very exciting game this year. Auburn won by 1 point. Annie's mom graduated from Auburn so it was fun to watch her get very excited.

We then went back to my parents' house. We went to a local restaurant in Bon Secour called the Tin Top for dinner. The food was wonderful. We had a nice evening with my family. It was great getting to see my uncle and aunt. I wish they lived closer. We've had a nice, quiet evening at home. I've enjoyed the time off from work so far. The weather has turned cold today. Now it's starting to feel like Christmas. Hopefully we can start decorating this weekend.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember the little things in life. Sometimes the things we don't think about and overlook are the things we should be most thankful for.

No comments: