Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm Back

Wow....I haven't posted since January. I'm a bad blogger.

This has been a busy summer. Back in March I applied for a job at ITT Institute of Technology. I interviewed in July then didn't hear anything until September. My last day at SSI is this Wednesday. I will now be an Admissions Recruited at ITT. I am so excited about returning to Education. I'm also nervous about the change. I love the people I work with, but I cannot pass up this opportunity.

This has also been the summer of pain. On July 17 I woke up with a migraine that I could not get rid of. I went to the neurologist and started back on Topamax and was given four different migraine medications to try. I also underwent numerous tests including an MRI and EEG. All these were normal. Around August 1 my neck and shoulder started hurting. I went to urgent care and was referred back to the neurologist. After more medications and testing it was found that I have two herniated discs at C2-3, C3-4 and two pinched nerves. I start physical therapy this Wednesday. The neurologist wants me to go to PT three times a week. Hopefully this will correct things.

Liberty started 3rd grade. She absolutely loves it. She started PACE this year, Mobile County's gifted program. She is reading on a 4th-5th grade reading level. Every day she has her homework done when we pick her up from after school care. She is excelling and loves her teacher. Once again I have volunteered to be the room parent. I know, I'm crazy.

I will try to blog more often. I am very excited about the new job. I am looking forward to PT and hoping that soon I will be feeling better. I am moody and snappy at times. Gabe is very good at pulling me aside and letting me know when I am completely out of line. He is a wonderful husband and has taken on most of the household chores. I try to cook and clean some, but he has taken on most of the burden. I wouldn't be able to do this without his support right now, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha I have the same title on one of my (more) recent posts, glad I'm not alone!
Healing prayers going out your way--I hope you get some relief soon for all the pain you're going through!
A big congrats on getting the job! Sounds lke a dream!!