Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life on Twitter

Ever heard of Twitter? About a year and a half back, my BFF, CraftyHope had me sign up as a way to stay in touch with our daily lives. At first I didn't use it much. Then I started looking at people she followed and starting following them as well. I started reading blogs and created my own blog. Once of the "local" people I found was subrbanoblivion. I started "following" her and reading her blog. I then started following other Mobile Twits, Tweeps. What's the right term? In April I attended my first TweetUp. It's a meeting with local people who follow each other on Twitter meet up. A lot of my friends and co-workers thought I was crazy. "You're going to meet people you met online?" We had dinner together at Wings. It was a blast. These people were so much fun! We became friends.

I wasn't able to attend the next two tweet ups. We did have an unofficial sushi meeting between a few of us and then we had a girls night where we had ice cream for dinner. I have now made two good friends, subrbanoblivion and alli_flowers.

I wanted to host one since we have that big hole in the back yard that we pour money into. We use a hashtag (#MobileTweetUp) to advertise these events. We had a very good turn out. The party lasted about 8 hours. We all get along, laughed our asses off, and had some awesome food! Thanks to all our new friends for enjoying our pool. Some how we even convinced Gabe (okay, I made the account while he was in the pool) to get on Twitter. He's actually used it a few times this week.


No comments: