Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Crazy Week

I'm learning that when you work two jobs, you don't have much time for yourself. I haven't been able to blog yet this week because on Monday and Wednesday I worked at my part-time job and Tuesday night was PTA Open House at Liberty's school. It's Thursday and I finally have some time to myself.

Hurricane Ike is going to make landfall in TX sometime Friday. He sure has the Gulf Coast in an uproar. Parts of the Alabama coast are experiencing flooding from unusual tide levels. My parents went to the Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores tonight to take beach pictures. They were pelted with sand and said that the tide had been up about 20 feet above normal. Crazy! Gabe just talked to a friend down there who said he had to help evacuate tourists from parts of Fort Morgan Road today. Here's a picture my dad took:

We are heading to Gulf Shores for the weekend. Gabe wants to surf and a friend has a condo. We'll stay with my parents. Hopefully we'll be able to hang at the beach some. I guess it depends on the wind.

1 comment:

CraftyHope said...

Good Luck with the beach. It's supposed to get really bad on Sunday. I know when we were down during Gustav, the police were having people get out of the water and the waves were not NEAR as bad as they are supposed to be this time. I hope y'all have better luck.